Looking For A Slip and Fall Lawyer in Ottawa?

If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident in Ottawa, you need the advice of an experienced slip and fall lawyer. There are deadlines for filing claims in Ontario, so don’t wait! Call Auger Hollingsworth today for your free case assessment.

If you have been injured while on another person’s property, you may be able to file a claim against the property owner and / or property manager if negligence resulted in your accident. Consult an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer to determine if you have a case.

Remember, you do not pay our law firm for anything unless and until we get a settlement or judgment for you.

Slip and Fall Attorney Near You

Slip and Fall Lawyer Near YouWondering where to find “the best slip and fall lawyers near me”? You’ve come to the right place! We’ll come to your home or to the hospital to meet with you without any obligation.  Some slip and fall victims prefer their initial meeting over the telephone.  We can accommodate you by telephone as well. If you prefer to meet us in person, we have 4 locations in the Ottawa area. Let us know what office is near you and we’ll do our best to accommodate. With Auger Hollingsworth, help after a slip and fall is always nearby!

Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident?

Common questions after a slip and fall accident:

  • Are you entitled to compensation because of an injury on someone else’s property?
  • Have you slipped on ice in Ottawa or elsewhere in Ontario?
  • Have you tripped over debris or some hidden hazard?
  • Was the sidewalk or roadway in poor need of repair?
  • Did you fall at a grocery store or other department store?

Injuries on someone else’s property are very common. These accidents may include slipping, tripping or falling, or related events.  Sometimes these injuries are caused by the negligence of someone else.  In those circumstances, you may have a claim for your losses.


Ottawa Trips and Falls Causing Injuries

We help injured people in Ottawa and other Ontario locations whose injuries are caused by the fault or negligence of others. This includes people injured in Ontario slips, trips and falls and other unsafe conditions on property. We have represented people injured while visiting Ontario malls, grocery stores, apartment buildings, cottages, and taverns, as well as people who have slipped and fallen on ice. We pursue compensation from large corporations, including the City, as well as negligent individuals.

Injuries at an Ontario School

Your child’s school has an obligation to keep the property, and your child, safe. Playground, school trip or gym class injuries are common in Ottawa and often give rise to a claim for compensation. Your child deserves any compensation available to him or her after an accident. Remember, Ontario school boards carry liability insurance.  Your child’s claim does not take money out of the school’s education budget.

What to Do After An Accident

Slip and Fall Lawyer OttawaSlip and fall accidents in Ontario can be difficult to prove without the help of an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer. A thorough understanding of the evolving and fact-specific case law and statutes is essential to successful legal representation.  To improve the likelihood of success in your slip and fall case follow these tips:

  • Keep,  but stop wearing,  whatever you had on your feet.  Your shoes or boots should be preserved as they were at the time of the fall.
  • Take photos of the location of the fall as soon as possible, ideally before the weather or repair conditions change.  However, even if there has been a change, it is better to take photos as soon as you can.
  • Keep track of any witnesses’ contact info.  Even if the witnesses did not see your fall, they can speak about the condition of the area of the fall.
  • Take notice of what caused you to fall. If there was something on the ground like oil or food that caused you to slip, have a look at the shape, size and location of the spill.  If your clothes were soiled by the substance that caused the spill, take photos of the dirty clothes.

Slip and Fall FAQs

Should I sue after a slip and fall accident?

A slip and fall accident can have a range of injuries from minor to serious. Either way, a fall can severely impact the way you go about living your day-to-day life while trying to recover. However, is it practical for all slip and fall victims to seek compensation for your injuries?

 Not every time you slip and fall is there a claim.  However, if you can prove there was negligence by someone in control of the property where you fell, you may have a claim. For the most part, if the injuries and discomfort are minor and completely disappear within a few days to three weeks you may not want to follow through with a claim. However, if your pain persists for more than a month you may have a valid claim.   The injury lawyers at Brenda Hollingsworth’s office can provide you with a free consultation to explain your rights and current situation.

Lianne Laing and Brenda Hollingsworth answer a caller’s question on CTV Morning Live about suing for an Ontario slip and fall accident and what the best course of action is depending on the severity of the injuries.

How do I know if I have a slip and fall claim?

During these snowy and slippery Ottawa winter days, it is common for many of us to lose our balance and maybe suffer a fall.  Most of the time such situations don’t involve other individuals or fault of any kind, but on occasion, a fall can be attributed to someone’s action, or inaction.  Legally speaking, a slip and fall case is one where an individual is injured after a “slip and fall” which was due to the intent or negligence of another person.  An individual who suffers this kind of injury may be entitled to compensation.

A slip and fall can occur on private, public, or commercial property.  If you have suffered an injury due to a neighbour’s icy driveway, the parking lot at work, or the pavement outside of a restaurant, it is possible that you have a slip and fall case that can be legally pursued.  Commercial property owners in particular have a responsibility to keep their properties safe for the public.  If a property owner fails to maintain safe conditions outside his or her establishment, they can be held responsible for compensating those injured due to their negligence.  If you think you may have a slip and fall case, the first thing to do is to contact a personal injury lawyer who can help you identify the key aspects of your case and can help you determine if your situation can be legally pursued.  Your lawyer will collect evidence, speak to the property owner, and possibly interview witnesses of the event, which will help to strengthen your case.

Walking in Ottawa can be a dangerous endeavor during the winter, especially since we can sometimes get rain, snow, hail and extreme temperatures during our winter months.  These weather factors can create the ideal conditions for a slip and fall so be careful when you’re out walking your dog, pushing a stroller or meeting friends outside a cafe.  In the event that you suffer a slip and fall, think about contacting a lawyer and finding out if you may be entitled to financial compensation.

What do I do after a slip and fall accident on municipal property?

During the winter after an ice storm, or rapid temperature drop, slip and fall accidents are a common occurrence.  However, a question that arises is how to properly go about reporting the accident when it is on municipal property.

When an Ottawa slip and fall accident occurs on municipal property you have 2 years to file a claim. However, there can be shorter notice periods. You need to file a notice with the municipality indicating you were hurt and that there is a possibility of a claim. You should do this before anything else.

Watch as Lianne Laing and Brenda Hollingsworth answer a caller’s question about a slip and fall accident on municipal property and the right course of action to take on CTV Morning Live.

Can I file a claim for a pelvis fracture after a slip and fall accident?

A fractured pelvis is very debilitating.  Because the pelvis houses so many internal organs, pelvic fractures can result in significant internal bleeding. The pelvis is also vital in daily activities such as walking, running and biking, but when it is fractured, mobility is severely limited.

For the elderly, the most common cause of a pelvic fracture is a slip and fall.  For younger folks, the pelvis must be directly impacted by a strong force in order to fracture. Car and motorcycle accidents are leading causes of pelvic fractures because there is such a strong force created when two cars collide at high speeds.

The pelvis is composed of three bones that are connected at the base of the spine by connective tissue.  The pelvis is the structure that connects the lower body to the legs.

If you have suffered a pelvic fracture in an accident caused by someone’s negligence, you may have a serious claim for damages.  Contact a personal injury lawyer for more information about your claim.

What Our Clients Say:

I am so grateful that one of our friends recommended you to be my lawyer. I am very happy and satisfied with your service. You always updated me on the progress of my case. Thank you for your services and professionalism. Congratulations and thank you for a great job. I would gladly recommend you to anyone who needs your help.

Rating: 5/5 
Lucia Tabladillo Villadelgado
Read more reviews on Facebook!

Call Us to Learn More

The personal injury lawyers with Brenda Hollingsworth and Richard Auger have brought successful claims against municipalities, stores, individuals and school boards whose unsafe premises have caused or contributed to our clients’ injuries.

Let Ottawa’s slip and fall lawyers, Auger Hollingsworth,  evaluate your case to see if you are entitled to compensation.  Click here to contact us or call 1-888-574-4529.


    100% Free Case Review
    Speak with a lawyer directly.
    Learn what steps you can take next.
    You do not need any documents or medical records on hand for this call.
    No fee, and no commitment.

    Case Type*

    Did you suffer any physical, psychological, or cognitive injuries?*

    Did your accident occur in Ontario?*

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google
    Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    By submitting this form, you agree to receive follow-up communications pertaining to your inquiry, and marketing emails. Information submitted will be transmitted to a law firm. This communication is intended to be an attorney-client communication for purposes of evaluating your claim and will be kept confidential by the law firm. The communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and no relationship is formed until a fee agreement is signed by you and the law firm. Our privacy policy can be found here.