Personal Injury Heroes: Your Occupational Therapist

Get to Know Your Ontario Personal Injury Medical Team

Over the past two weeks, Auger Hollingsworth has been introducing you to the many people who will be involved in your recovery after an accident. So far, we’ve covered how chiropractors and physiotherapists can play a role in your recovery. In this segment we’ll be discussing the role of the occupational therapist.

What does an occupational therapist do?

An occupational therapist, also known as an OT, helps people get back to their daily life. After an injury or accident, occupational therapists focus on adapting your environment, modifying tasks, and teaching you strategies on dealing with your injuries.

What can an occupational therapist do for my injuries?

An occupational therapist  looks at all aspects of your life, but here are a few examples of what they may help you with:How to approach tasks such as cooking, cleaning and bathing

  • How to break down tasks into achievable components
  • How to make changes to your home or job environment
  • What equipment you can use to help you with daily life

Is occupational therapy covered by OHIP?

Occupational therapy is not covered by OHIP, but is covered by accident benefits and many insurance providers will cover the cost. Contact your work or private insurance to see if an occupational therapist is covered under your plan.

Not getting the resources you need to recover from your injuries? Contact the personal injury lawyers at Auger Hollingsworth at 613-233-4529 and get a free, no-obligation consultation.

Helpful info, delivered to you—free!

Sign up for our free monthly newsletter. It’s full of useful info (plus occasional giveaways). You can unsubscribe anytime.