Ottawa Car Accident Lawyer: Insurance In-home Assessments

Read this article by Ottawa Personal Injury Lawyer Brenda Hollingsworth on How to Survive an In-Home Assessment to ensure you receive all of the benefits you are entitled to.

If you have been injured in an Ontario motor vehicle accident as a driver, passenger, pedestrian or cyclist, you are likely entitled to statutory accident benefits.  When the insurance adjuster is assessing your claim, even on an ongoing basis, he or she is permitted to send an occupational therapist into your home to assess your housekeeping and attendant care needs.

About the Author: Brenda Hollingsworth

Brenda Hollingsworth co-founded Ottawa’s Auger Hollingsworth in 2005 with her husband Richard Auger. Together, their mission was to create a personal injury law firm for Eastern Ontario that is unrivalled in the province for customer service and legal expertise. Brenda was named an Ottawa Business Journal Forty Under 40 award recipient and took home the Women’s Business Network’s Businesswoman of the Year award in the Professional category. She was also recognized as one of Ottawa Life Magazine’s “Top 50 People in the Capital.” She is often quoted as an expert and has appeared in media outlets such as CTV, The Globe and Mail, National Post, Ottawa Citizen, Sun Media, CBC, Toronto Star, Montreal Gazette, CFRA and many legal publications.

Helpful info, delivered to you—free!

Sign up for our free monthly newsletter. It’s full of useful info (plus occasional giveaways). You can unsubscribe anytime.