Ottawa- According to a study by Allstate insurance company, Ottawa is one of the leading cities for car accidents. Ranking after only Toronto, Milton and Brampton, Ottawa was described as having 6.1 collisions for every 100 vehicles on the road.
You might be tempted to think that weather plays a role in Ottawa’s high number of car accidents. However, according to the study, many serious car accidents happen on clear days in our city.
The Allstate spokeswoman reminds motorists that there are simple things you can do to minimize the risk of having a car accident. She reminds drivers not to follow too closely; not to weave in and out of lanes; to allow enough time to get where you are going and to avoid yelling at your kids in the back seat.
Read more about the study here.
After an Ottawa Car Accident
If you are unluck enough to end up in an Ottawa car accident, there are steps you should take immediately.
- First, you should ensure you are safe and out of harm’s way
- Second, make sure you get appropropriate medical attention immediately
- Third, call the police. Remember that if the physical damage to your car is over $1000 or if there are any injuries, the police should attend your accident
- Fourth, you should report your car accident to your own car insurance company and request accident benefit forms
- Fifth, you should consult an experienced Ottawa personal injury lawyer.
The lawyers at Auger Hollingsworth PC meet and help car accident victims every single day. We have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
Auger Hollingsworth is conveniently located on Woodroffe Avenue, just south of Meadowlands. No dealing with difficult downtown traffic. We have free parking and are fully wheelchair accessible. If you are not mobile, contact us and we will come to you. Call our law firm at 613 860-4529.