The time period after an accident can feel chaotic. Personal injury lawyers take care of the paperwork so you can get back to what matters most – your recovery. In the meantime, here are some major errors we see all the time.
Don’t Make These Mistakes!
- Waiting several days or weeks to receive medical care.
- Failing to obtain sufficient information at the scene and does not call the police.
- Giving too much information to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Forgetting to create a diagram or map of the incident.
- Hiding past accidents from your lawyer.
- Hiding past injuries or medical conditions from your lawyer.
- Making damaging statements to your doctor.
- Failing to attend all medical appointments or has “gaps” in treatment
- Misrepresenting your activity level.
- Failing to hire a lawyer or delaying hiring a lawyer when your injuries may be serious.
To learn more, watch personal injury lawyers Brenda Hollingsworth and Richard Auger discuss their new Crash Kit guide for your glove box on CTV Ottawa Morning Live. Don’t make these mistakes next time you’re in an accident, order your Crash Kit today or contact the personal injury lawyers at Auger Hollingsworth for a free, no obligation consultation at 613-233-4529.