Struck by A Drunk Driver in Ontario? Ottawa Lawyer

Ottawa Lawyer- If you are injured in a car accident or other motor vehicle accident in Ontario caused by an impaired driver, you should consider contacting a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.  In that circumstance, you may have recourse not only to sue the impaired driver who caused the accident, but also a bar or tavern that over-served the alcohol to the impaired driver.

An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether or not you have a claim against a bar or tavern, in addition to a claim against the driver who caused the accident.

WARNING:  If the at fault driver in your case is a G2 licensed driver and has alcohol in his or her system, that driver may have violated the terms of their insurance policy.  Where that is the case, there may be a limit to the amount of insurance available to assist you.   In that case, a personal injury lawyer can help you access other insurance policies that may be available to you under Ontario insurance law.   We think this law is unfair to accident victims.  Maybe you do too.  Please consider contacting your MPP to let him or her know your views.

For more information on bringing a claim for compensation against a drunk driver who caused an accident, contact Auger Hollingsworth at 613 233-4529.

Helpful info, delivered to you—free!

Sign up for our free monthly newsletter. It’s full of useful info (plus occasional giveaways). You can unsubscribe anytime.