A 47-year old man was struck by an SUV at the intersection of Carling Avenue and Booth Street on October 12, 2013, Thanksgiving Saturday. The pedestrian was said to have suffered serious orthopedic injuries, as well as a head injury.
The accident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
What to expect after a serious Ottawa pedestrian accident?
If you have been injured in an Ottawa pedestrian accident, your medical condition should be your top priority. Attending the hospital as required, participating fully in prescribed therapy and pushing yourself to rehabilitate are the most important actions you can take.
In order to allow yourself the chance to recover, consider engaging an experienced personal injury lawyer from Auger Hollingsworth to look after the insurance claim and other legal and administrative paperwork. When you hire us while you are still in the hospital we can do the following for you:
- Notify your auto insurer of the accident.
- Provide you with the application for benefits and assist you to complete that application.
- Help you and your family to gather and submit receipts for food, parking and other expenses.
- Help you to hire an occupational therapist and other rehab team members who will help you with hospital discharge planning to get you home faster, but safely. We will arrange for this team to be paid for directly by the insurance company.
- Provide notice of a potential claim to the at fault driver.
- Obtain the complete police report.
- Obtain the medical records needed to prosecute your case.
- Liaise with your medical team on an on-going basis.
- Ensure that you obtain all income replacement benefits to which you are entitled.
- Provide advice if you are asked to be a witness at a criminal or Highway Traffic Act trial.
- Build your case and push it forward to settlement or judgment.
- Negotiate a settlement with your accident benefit insurer, where appropriate and possible.
If you need assistance with any of these important steps after an Ottawa pedestrian accident, call 613 233-4529.