When your loved one moved to an Ontario Nursing Home, you expected they would receive the best care. And so did they.
And yet, the lawyers at Auger Hollingsworth Injury Lawyers have heard from sons, daughters, nieces, nephews and grandkids about situations of abuse and neglect of elderly nursing home and Long Term Care residents.
It’s heartbreaking. Your family deserves better.
In our 24th year fighting for people like you, our lawyers are committed to serving families like yours.
We will investigate and seek compensation for physical injuries and Long Term Care centres involving:
- Broken Bones
- Sexual Abuse or Sexual Assault
Sometimes, abuse and neglect can be emotional or psychological. If your loved one is suddenly withdrawn, depressed or refusing to eat, let’s work together to make sure they are getting the care they pay for and deserve.
Unfortunately, in some cases, neglect or abuse in nursing homes or Long Term Care Centres results in the wrongful death of a beloved family member.
We can help you and your family if the injuries are because the home:
- Does not have enough staff to care for the number of residents;
- Does not have staff with the appropriate level of training for the needs of the residents;
- Requires staff to work shifts that are too long;
- Has inadequate supervision of staff;
- Does not require criminal record checks for its staff;
- Does not adhere to guidelines for feeding and hydrating residents;
- Shuts out family members who ask questions or making inquiries relating to care.
Let the experienced team of lawyers at Auger Hollingsworth give you the best advice on whether to make a claim, lodge a complaint or both.
If you believe your family member is the victim of physical, mental or sexual abuse in an Ontario Nursing Home, contact us today for a FREE case assessment at (613) 233-4529.