‘Tis the season for shopping for friends and loved ones.
If you are a practical personal looking to make a real difference to a family member’s well-being, consider the gift of safety.
Here are Auger Hollingsworth’s 16 gift suggestions for those near and dear to your heart:
For inside the house:
- Smoke Alarms, Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Fire extinguisher
- Escape Ladders
- Non-slip Bath mats
This type of gift is especially good for friends and relatives who are renters. Renters are less likely to have working alarms and safety equipment.
For the Car:
- Car safety kit
- Snow brush and scraper
- Roadside assistance membership
Remember in Ontario you can get a ticket for having snow on your car.
For around outside:
- Ice cleats for winter boots (YakTrax)
- Salt spreader (similar to a fertilizer spreader)
- Clear umbrella so the pedestrian can see and stay dry
- Cane ice grippers
- Motion light for the side entry. Bonus if you have it installed!
For night time:
- Reflective gear for the runner or cyclist in the family
- Reflective collar, harness and leash for the family pup
- Running Headlamp
Nothing says I love you like a gift to keep your loved ones secure!