Auger Hollingsworth’s Community Involvement
Ottawa personal injury lawyers Brenda Hollingsworth and Richard Auger are proud of their on-going community involvement. Most of the staff members are also active volunteers or sponsors of community programs. Here are some recent examples:
Recent Sponsorships and Gifts
- Multiple donations to various food banks and food drives in Ottawa and area. Ongoing
- Ottawa Senators Foundation Gala attendance 2019
- Corporate Table purchased at the Ottawa Rehab Centre Volunteer fundraiser April 2019
- Corporate Table Purchased at the Brain Injury of Ottawa Valley Annual fundraiser October 2018
- Primary sponsor Spinal Cord Injury Ontario Ottawa Golf Tournament September 2018
- Supply Drive for families Impacted by Spring Flooding 2017
- Ottawa Courthouse Christmas Angel gift sponsor. Annual
- Ottawa Christmas Hamper Donor (2 families) 2016, 2017, 2018
- Law Day Mock Trial Participants 2018, 2019 (running trials in local high schools)
- Student Lunch program sponsor 2016 to present (supply lunch for two students for the school year)
- Waterfront Series Entrepreneur Workshop, Gold Sponsor
The Waterfront Series is a workshop for (primarily) women entrepreneurs. In October 2015 the event ran in Carleton Place. In January 2016, the event ran in Manotick. This photo shoes the beautiful Black Dog Pub venue in Manotick. Brenda Hollingsworth is speaking about personal branding.
- Robert E Wilson Public School Helmet Purchase
- Petch Project SuperHero Party for the Children’s Hospital Eastern Ontario, Gold Sponsor
- Ottawa Sting Major Peewee AA and Minor Bantam hockey team jersey sponsor
- Rehabilitation Centre Fundraising Dinner Corporate Sponsor
- John Howard Society Murder Mystery Fundraising Supporter
- Hintonburg Prose in the Park
- OTLA Helmets for Kids Program
- Distinctive Women United Way Breakfast Supporter
- Lightening AAA Hockey
- Ottawa Brain Injury Awareness Day Coffee Break Sponsor and Exhibitor
- Ottawa West Hockey League Novice A Wolverines (Bytown League 2012 Champions!)
- Ottawa Wild AAA Major Atom Hockey Team
- Law Day Fun Run Bronze Sponsor (annual)
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA) Political Action Committee
Amazing People Gala 2015, 2017
In 2015 Brenda Hollingsworth was the volunteer co-ordinator for the Amazing People Gala, a fundraiser of School Box and the Hera Mission, among other great causes. The firm also purchased 2 tables.
The theme of the Amazing People Gala was masquerade. Check out our law clerks and paralegals who looked pretty glam!
Brenda continued her involvement, sitting on the Board of the organization in 2017 which resulted in another glam event, a Disco Inferno fundraiser.
The Auger Hollingsworth Family are proud sponsors of AI and have been since 2014.
The Auger Hollingsworth family is honoured to sponsor a child since 2011.
Ottawa Wheelchair Relay Challenge 2008-10
Team Auger Hollingsworth raises funds for the Ottawa- Canadian Paraplegic Association through its participation in the wheelchair relay event.
Brenda Hollingsworth enjoyed several summers on the soccer pitch, acting as an assistant coach for her sons’ Ottawa Royals Soccer teams.
Law Day Mock Trials
Brenda Hollingsworth participated in a mock trial program at Severn Public School in May 2009. Jody Filion’s grade 6 class put on a mock criminal trial, with the students assuming the roles of the lawyers, jurors, witnesses, artists and court officials. The students shone.
Our lawyers have continued to participate in this event in 2017, 2018 and 2019
Canadian Paraplegic Association- Champagne Auction
Brenda Hollingsworth, Richard Auger together with their clients attended the Canadian Paraplegic Association’s Champagne Auction. The gala event was held at the Canadian War Museum. A great time for a great cause.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation – Hope and Heroes Dinner
Brenda Hollingsworth and Richard Auger were delighted to support the Ottawa Hospital at a fundraising event for the Ottawa Hospital Foundation. The event was hosted by Ottawa’s Stuntman Stu and was put on by the Ottawa Senators’ Alumni.
Brenda is a lawyer with the Child Advocacy Project (“CAP”). CAP is a program that provides free legal services to help safeguard children’s education rights and to resolve education problems that have a legal remedy. CAP is a division of Pro Bono Law (Ontario), an organization designed to promote access to justice for low and moderate-income Ontarians. For more information about CAP or ProBono Law (Ontario) click here.
In 2005, Auger Hollingsworth donated over $60,000.00 in pro bono legal fees to the residents of Rideau Regional Centre in their fight for fair treatment by the government of Ontario. To see the results of their work click here.
“I express my sincere appreciation for the time you donated to the Child Advocacy Project.”
“On behalf of Pro Bono Law Ontario, Justice for Children and Youth and the Advocates’ Society, I wish to express my sincere appreciation for your assistance and the time you have donated as a volunteer with the Child Advocacy Project. Your efforts have meant a great deal to the [name omitted] family..I look forward to working with you again.”
Wendy Miller, Children’s Project Manager
Pro Bono Law Ontario, Toronto
Commitment to Legal Education
Richard Auger acted as coach for the University of Ottawa’s Arnup Cup trial advocacy team for 3 years in a row. The 2006 team won first place in Ontario and went on to the national Sopinka Cup in March 2006 where they placed third in Canada. The 2007 team were Ontario’s runner up and will be heading to the Sopinka Cup for the national team shortly.
Brenda and Richard taught trial advocacy course to third year law students at the University of Ottawa. This course helps future lawyers learn practical court room skills.
In September 2007, Brenda spoke at the Canadian Bar Association’s conference for articling students and new lawyers on law practice management. She was also a speaker at the Eastern Ontario Lawyers’ Conference at Montebello.
Team Auger Hollingsworth were pleased to raise funds for the Canadian Paraplegic Association — Ontario at the 2008-2010 Wheelchair Relay Challenge. The CPA-O provides peer support and other services to people with spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia and quadriplegia.
Richard Auger is a past member of the President’s Council of the Ottawa Hospital Foundation.
Richard joined the Legal Pursuit Team of the Foundation’s $100 million Legacy Campaign to raise funds for facilities upgrades, new equipment, leading-edge medical research and ongoing education.
Brenda and Richard are also regular supporters of MS Society- Ottawa, the Weekend to End Breast Cancer, Alzheimers, Tour Nortel, the Arthritis Society, the Canadian Paraplegic Association of Ontario and the Ottawa Food Bank.
Auger Hollingsworth were also donors to Helmets on Kids an important initiative that is new to Ottawa for 2008. It is aimed to ensure that children who need bike helmets, get them.